Saint Paul African Methodist Episcopal, Columbus, OH 43215
St. Paul Lutheran Church is one of the oldest Churches in Bartholomew County, founded in 1848 by German immigrants. The congregation first met in a Baptist church less than a mile from where the current church is now located.
In 1852, St. Paul was deeded 14 acres of land and a log cabin church was built. This was replaced by a wood frame church in 1858. Continued growth necessitated the construction of a brick church in 1887 and this structure served the congregation until the spring of 2009. After the dedication of the new church on April 25, 2009, this structure was renamed the 1887 Chapel.
There have been many changes in the history of St. Paul. When the congregation was formed, services were held only in German. The first English service was in 1888 on the day the Chapel was dedicated. However, regularly scheduled English services would not occur until 1921.
|AMEC District Office|
|Scout Group Type|
- Cub Scout Pack
- Boy Scout Troop