Shaw Temple AME Zion Church, Smyrna, GA 30082
Our motto “Seeing, Speaking, and Serving the Same Vision,” expresses who we are. We are commanded by Christ to go teach and make disciples. The transformation and spiritual growth of individuals is an outgrowth of the work we do at Shaw. We work diligently to bring people to Christ, to demonstrate the glory of God through worship, to show the love of Christ through fellowshipping together, and to disciple those who are within the body of Christ.
The first A.M.E. Zion Church organized in Atlanta was in early 1890 in the old Badger's Hall on Piedmont Avenue near Ellis Street. The church was called the A.M.E. Zion Church in Atlanta. Many of its original members were from North Carolina. They worshipped in Badger's Hall for one year. The first trustees were Brothers J.W. Hunter, Miller, Batey, Tom Morrison and Bob Bibbs. In 1891, Bishop M.R. Franklin was assigned as overseer. Shortly after his assignment, Bishop Franklin died. This did not deter the faithful members from purchasing a site near the corner of Boulevard and Irwin Streets. Early in the spring of that year, a small frame building was erected known as Boulevard A.M.E. Zion Church. After the building was completed under the first acting pastor, Rev. Love, the name was changed to Franklin Memorial Institutional A.M.E. Zion Church, in honor of Bishop Franklin.
Boy Scout Pack 0775
CubMaster: Rickey Parks [email protected]
Chartered Organization Representative: Rita Hunter-Williams [email protected]
Venturing Crew Advisor:
|AMEC District Office|
|Scout Group Type|