The world's largest earthquake drill Oct 20
At 10:20 a.m. on October 20, 2016, millions of people will “Drop, Cover, and Hold On” in the Great ShakeOut, the world's largest earthquake drill.
Everyone is encouraged to participate and inform others about the drill.
Earthquakes can happen anywhere: at home, at work, at school, or even on vacation. ShakeOut is a chance to prepare yourself, your family, and your organization by practicing protective actions to take during earthquakes and other aspects of your emergency plans.
Register today so that you will:
· Be counted in the largest-ever earthquake drill in the world!
· Be listed with other participants in your area. (Optional)
· Be an example that motivates others to participate & prepare.
Additional instructions and resources can be found atShakeOut.org/howtoparticipate, including:
· Downloadable Drill Broadcast audio and video recordings.
· Posters, flyers, and other promotional materials.
· How to share photos and stories of your drill.
If you’re on social media, follow @ShakeOut on Twitter and Facebook for useful content and reminders on earthquake preparedness. Be sure to use #ShakeOut when you post about your drill!
You can also support ShakeOut on social media by participating in the following events:
· A Facebook Live broadcast on October 18 at 11 a.m. PDT / 2 p.m. EDT - watch to learn about earthquake insurance, retrofitting, and building codes.
· A Twitter chat on October 19 at 11 a.m. PDT / 2 p.m. EDT - use#ShakeOutChat to join; and
· ShakeOut’s Thunderclap on October 20 at 7 a.m. PDT / 10:00 a.m. EDT. To join in, go to the ShakeOut Thunderclap and agree to post a one-time message on Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr promoting the earthquake drill.
For more information, including a How to Prepare for an Earthquake guide and a video about When the Earth Shakes, visit the America’s PrepareAthon! Earthquake page.